Barbara Koffman was a distinguished reading clinician and past president of MCRC (1988-1989). She was a mentor to fellow reading clinicians and teachers in Manitoba, sharing her expertise and innovative methods in the field of literacy education. Barbara is remembered as an intelligent, humourous, collaborative, and dedicated clinician.
In her memory, the Manitoba Council of Reading Clinicians has scholarships available each year for students pursuing certification as reading clinicians. For 2021-2022, in honour of MCRC’s 40th anniversary, up to six $1000.00 scholarships are available. Graduate students studying at the Masters or Doctorate level are eligible and are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
• Resident of Manitoba
• Bachelor’s Degree in Education
• Provincially Certified Teacher in Manitoba
• Enrolled in an accredited post-secondary institution
• Minimum of 2+ years successful teaching experience (or f/t equivalent)
• Teaching experience must include literacy instruction
• Intention to pursue requirements for certification as a reading clinician
• If certification requirements have already been met, applicants must be pursuing further studies in clinical reading/literacy (e.g. PhD, EdD)
• Applicants must intend to serve in some capacity in the area of clinical reading/literacy in the Province of Manitoba
For more information and to find out how YOU can apply please click here. Deadline APRIL 1st 2022