This excerpt from the MCRC constitution outlines the eligibility requirements for membership in the Council.
Alternatively, you can send the executive a message using the Contact Us form.
To register, scroll to the bottom of this page and complete the registration form. Please note the following types of memberships and their eligibility requirements.
- Regular Members – Membership in the MCRC shall be open to all reading clinicians who hold either Permanent or Provisional certification. Certification is granted by Manitoba Education.
- Permanent Certification – Reading Clinicians who have met all the requirements as outlined by Manitoba Education.
- Provisional Certification – Reading Clinicians who have completed all of the degree, work experience and course work requirements as outlined by Manitoba Education, who are employed as reading clinicians and are in the process of completing the final requirements necessary for certification.
All rights and privileges of membership in the MCRC are granted to members holding permanent certification. Members holding provisional certification have all rights and privileges with the exception of inclusion on the Private Practice List.
- Associate Members – Associate membership shall be available to persons who hold Letters of Eligibility for reading clinician certification or those who are working under a Letter of Authority.
- Letter of Eligibility – A Letter of Eligibility is granted by Manitoba Education to those who have completed all the requirements for Provisional Certification, but have not been employed as a reading clinician.
- Letter of Authority – A Letter of Authority is a temporary permit granted to an employing agency to hire an individual in the position of a reading clinician. The individual has yet to meet the requirements for Provisional Certification.
Associate members hold all of the same privileges as regular members except for the right to vote, to serve as an officer in the MCRC, or to be included on the Private Practice List.
- Student Members – Student membership shall be available to those taking graduate courses with the intent to become certified reading clinicians. Student members hold all of the same privileges as regular members except for the right to vote, to serve as an officer in the MCRC, or to be included on the Private Practice List.
- Lifetime Member – Members who may be considered for this honour would be individuals who, at the time of their retirement, are deserving of special recognition for their role as a Reading Clinician and their service to the MCRC. Individuals being considered must be members “in good standing” of the MCRC at the time of the award. The award shall be given at the discretion of the MCRC Executive. Membership fees in the MCRC shall be waived for Lifetime Members.
Register for Membership
Regular memberships is available to all reading clinicians who hold either permanent or provisional certification.
Associate Membership is available to persons who hold a Letter of Eligibility for reading clinician certification or for those who are working under a Letter of Authority.
Student membership is available to persons taking graduate course with the intent of becoming certified reading clinicians.