There are always excellent Professional Development opportunities available for Reading Clinicians in Manitoba. Check this page often for upcoming PD events!
Is that a Fact? Reading and Writing Non-Fiction in the Elementary Classroom
Join MCRC and distinguished Canadian literacy leader and popular author Lori Jamison Rog for a practical, strategy-packed day on Friday October 5th, 2018 at Holy Eucharist Centre (460 Munroe Ave at Watt St. in Winnipeg).
Registration cost includes a copy of Lori’s latest book Marvelous MiniLessons for Teaching Intermediate Writing Grades 3-8.
Check out our poster for details.
To pay using e-transfer please send payment to email@example.com
Register: Registration is closed
- Monday February 12, 2018: The Winnipeg School Division is pleased to present Kelly Gallagher, author, literacy consultant and classroom teacher. Kelly has been a full-time English teacher since 1986, working most of those years at Magnolia High School in Anaheim, California. In addition to his work in the classroom, Kelly is the author of six books on adolescent literacy and he consults and provides training to professional educators on a local, national, and international level. In his most recent book, In the Best Interest of Students, Kelly takes the long view, reminding us of the need to stay true to what we know works in literacy instruction. Join us as we delve deeper into this essential question: What is in the best interest of our students? For more detailed information along with registration forms please click here.
- October 6th 2017: Melissa Skoczylas, Speech Language Pathologist, researcher, author, award winning instructor at the University of Alberta will be presenting on Assessment and instruction of students with language based learning difficulties. Particular focus will be placed on the language and literacy connection. For more information and registration click here or visit our blog page.
- November 9th, 2016: The Winnipeg School Division is please to present Linda Christensen. Linda is recognized as one of the top educators in the United States. Linda will be presenting on Social Justice in the Manitoba classroom at the Franco-Manitoban-Cultural Center. Please follow the follow the link to register.
- April 12-13, 2017: Network with international and provincial literacy leaders and explore the topic of Critical Literacy: Challenge, Inspire, Empower. Visit the Manitoba Reading Association website for full details.
- October 7, 2016: Dr Elish-Piper will highlight new trends and guide us in translating assessment findings to increase literacy achievement. Complete this form to register.
- November 30th 2015: Dr. Leyton Schnellert
- January 30, 2015: Secret Stories: Cracking the Reading Code – With the Brain in Mind!, by Katie Garner. Katie Garner is the author of “Secret Stories.” These entertaining, easy to remember stories facilitate retrieval of multiple spellings for the sounds of English. Catchy illustrations accompany the stories which provide visual support for retrieval. Many students are able to retrieve sounds and spellings with this teaching tool. Join us for what will no doubt be a most worthwhile professional development day!Download the registration form today.